Security software company Symantec has announced that its latest flagship mobile security suite, Norton Mobile Security (now at version 3.0), now adds iOS support and features an improved interface for better user experience. Users of iPhones and iPads can now remotely locate and backup their
Security software company Symantec has announced that its latest flagship mobile security suite, Norton Mobile Security (now at version 3.0), now adds iOS support and features an improved interface for better user experience. Users of iPhones and iPads can now remotely locate and backup their contacts, and restore them across devices (yes, even on an Android device).
Besides a web-based management system which also allows you to pinpoint your device’s location, there are a few features that are shared between Android and iOS devices. For example, there’s a Scream Alarm which sets off an audible alarm so you can quickly find your misplaced mobile device. There’s also Remote Wipe that lets you erase information on the missing mobile device (for Android devices, even data on the memory cards). That said, Norton Mobile Security for Android is able to go one step further and protect an Android device from viruses and malware. You can have it scan downloaded apps as well as memory cards for threats.
Norton Mobile Security is available for purchase via the Norton online store. Norton 360 Multi-Device (previously known as Norton 360 Everywhere), the company’s security that targets those with multiple devices (PC, Mac, smartphone, tablet), will also be updated with the features in the latest release of Norton Mobile Security.
- Secure all your mobile devices with one easy-to-use web-based service¹
- Combined Device Protection NEW: Provides one solution that works on both Android™ smartphones and tablets.
- Multi-platform Compatible NEW: Now lets you remotely locate and back up/restore contacts from your iPhone® and iPad®.
- Convenient Web Portal New: Lets you easily control the protection for all your devices in one place.
- Safeguard Your Stuff: Keeps your privacy and personal stuff safe
- Remote Lock: Lets you lock lost or stolen devices through our secure website, so strangers can't access your personal information.
- Remote Wipe: Lets you erase the information on your device if necessary, so your private information stays that way.
- Identity Protection: Blocks fraudulent websites designed to trick you into revealing personal information that can be used to steal your identity and money.
- Contacts Backup and Restore NEW: You can save contacts from your Android, iPhone, or iPad so you can easily restore them if they are lost or deleted and share them across devices.
- Call and Text Blocker: Lets you block calls and text messages from specific people or phone numbers (phone only)
- Sim Card Lock: Instantly locks your phone if the SIM card is removed, so it can't be used with another SIM card.