Pikmin 3 is the feverishly anticipated real-time strategy game for Nintendo’s innovative, brand spanking new home console, the Wii U. This game is the third instalment in the Pikmin franchise, and is the direct sequel to Pikmin 2, which was released in 2004 on Nintendo’s Game
Pikmin 3 is the feverishly anticipated real-time strategy game for Nintendo’s innovative, brand spanking new home console, the Wii U. This game is the third instalment in the Pikmin franchise, and is the direct sequel to Pikmin 2, which was released in 2004 on Nintendo’s Game Cube. As with the previous Pikmin games, you will be in charge of a personal army of up to 100 Pikmin, each with their own special abilities that will enable them to perform various tasks.
The game has been overhauled to match up to the Wii U’s graphics and capabilities, re-introducing you with four new main characters to the beautiful world filled with Pikmin, treasure, as well as various strange creatures and enemies; a world you must help the Pikmin to navigate and survive. As their leader, you can command them to build bridges, carry building materials, pick up fruit to carry back to the little spaceships, and defeat enemies. New Pikmin species have been introduced in this game, including the pink flying Pikmin, and the Rock Pikmin. The Rock Pikmin can throw themselves at walls, barriers and objects to break or smash them, and come in handy if an enemy has a shell, as they can destroy the armour so the other Pikmin can take them down.
Pikmin 3 is much more action-oriented than its predecessors in the franchise, and also has a greater amount of variety when it comes to strategy. This is helped with the versatility of how you wish to play the game, as you can play with the Wii Motion Plus and Nunchuck combo, where shaking the Wii remote throws your Pikmin, and shaking the Nunchuck makes your Pikmin charge. You can use the Wii U’s Game Pad also, as it acts as an overhead map and radar, allowing you to track your Pikmin’s actions in real time. Controlling multiple groups of Pikmin at once is also easier thanks to the Game Pad, making gameplay more fluid, as players can slide a finger across the touch screen to instantly switch between areas of the map. The amount of versatility offered when it comes to your personal playstyle with this game is improved with how intuitive the controls are, as now you can aim at objects directly, and can command your Pikmin armies in various different ways, depending on your strategy’s current requirements. The Game Pad also offers a replay feature when a player completes a stage, where it shows the entire map at once with the ability to fast forward, pause and rewind, so the player can rewatch the decisions and actions they made throughout the day and re-evaluate their strategy based upon that. Delve into the fun and beautiful world of the Pikmin once more, greatly and vastly improved thanks to the Wii U’s greater processing and HD capabilities and Game Pad. This highly updated game can now offer more options when it comes to game play, and allows you to completely personalise your own playstyle and strategies. (Cat Emerson)
Product Description:- &
Please note WiiU titles are not compatible with the standard Nintendo Wii
The Return of an Army
Pikmin 3 is a fully reimagined, mass-action strategy title from the critically acclaimed Pikmin series. Players will discover a beautiful world filled with strange creatures and take command of a swarm of ant-like Pikmin trying to survive. The world is densely packed with treasures and enemies, which makes the game much more action focused and fills it with layers of potential strategies and paths, adding greater replayability to challenge modes.
- Players can play using Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk-based controls or the Wii U GamePad controller. With new intuitive controls that make it possible to aim at objects directly, players can command their tiny, yet powerful, squads in different ways.
- The GamePad acts as an overhead map and radar to track Pikmin movements in real time. Players can slide a finger across the touch screen to quickly switch between areas, giving greater flexibility in commanding multiple groups of Pikmin.
- The greater processing and HD capabilities of the Wii U console are put to extensive use, resulting in a more intricately designed world, enhanced ant-like movement of the Pikmin and precisely detailed overhead views for enabling easier strategic use of the Pikmin.
- After completing a stage, the replay feature allows players the option to review their results using the GamePad and TV. Fast-forward, rewind or pause while assessing the previous mission to decide on other paths.
- In addition to the five original types of Pikmin encountered in previous games, the new Rock Pikmin bring powerful new abilities and are able to crack hard outer shells of enemies and break through solid barriers.
- Mission Mode challenges players to earn the most treasure in a given time.