White Friday 2017
What is White Friday on Souq.com?
White Friday is the last Friday in November and on this day, Souq.com runs the biggest sale of the year with great offers and deals up to 70% off on a wide range of products.
Why did souq.com call this day White Friday?
Souq.com is the first e-commerce website in the middle east where the color black is usually associated with bad luck/superstition in Arabian culture. With the prominence of Fridays and their cultural/religious significance in this region; we called it White Friday.
Why should you be eager to buy on White Friday?
- We provide genuine big offers and deals up to 70% off.
- You can save a lot of money and buy more products that you’re craving.
- We provide deals and offers on a wide range of products like Mobiles, Electronics, Accessories, Fashion items and Supermarket goods.
- You can save ahead by buying your gifts for the upcoming year at huge discounts and make your friends and family happy.
- If you’re preparing for marriage you can buy your appliances for your new home with great discounts.
White Friday 2016
- More than 1M products sold on Souq.com
- More than 100,000 mobiles sold
- More than 50,000 new products such as shoes and fashion items sold
- Provided more than 25,000 deals in a lot of categories
Why was it called Black Friday in the U.S?
American History witnessed the Panic of 1869. As the economy was damaged, the sellers made big discounts to sell a lot of products to boost sales to refresh the economy.
Also, Black Friday refers to how the accountants usually used red ink to refer to the negative amounts and black ink to refer to the positive ones.
Now that you have all the insights, you should prepare your wish list of products you would like to buy this year without the need to commute or endure the hassle of offline shopping. Just choose your products online and souq.com will deliver them with free shipping and you can easily pay cash on delivery
Enjoy your online shopping with Souq.com :)